To all of our patients, families, and staff
Re: Updated Office Policies /Procedures for COVID-19 June 28, 2021
Our practice continues to closely monitor and adapt to the improvingcoronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Besides our routine Universal Precautions, we continue to modify ourproactive measures to safeguard our office environment and all who enter our premises, following guidelines of our local and state public health officials for best practices.
Our office is now fully open for all visits, procedures, andpreventive skin screenings.Our doctors see patients mostly in-personand when necessary, via Telemedicine.Please note we continue with a slightly modified office schedule. We are open Mondays-Thursdays 8:30am-4:30pm; Fridays 8:30am-12:30pm.Our doctors and staff have safely received both doses of vaccine. We strongly encourage all patients to be vaccinated. Masks are still required for all persons entering or working in the office.
We have maintained the following changes in our office workflow and COVID-19 protocols:
- Detailed phone screening of patients for COVID vaccination or symptoms prior to appointment and again before entry into the office.
- ***No one with respiratory or GI symptoms, fever, cough, chills, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, or specific known exposures will be permitted to enter.
- Masks (surgical quality only, no vents, bandanas or gators), non-contact temperature checks, & hand hygiene are required of all patients and staff.MASKS MUST BE KEPT OVER THE NOSE AND MOUTH AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN OFFICE. (willbe moved or removed only by the physician in the exam room if necessary for proper examination)
- Companions or other family members must stay outside or in the waiting room if practical.
- Outer doors remain LOCKED at all times; signs and protocols are clearly posted.
- We are now allowing 2-3 people in our waiting room at any time unless you prefer to wait in your car; we will call your cell phone when your exam room is ready.
- All staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and will follow our enhanced “universal precautions”, including disinfecting protocols.
- We maintain Plexiglas partitions at reception and checkout and our updated air filtration system.
- Exam tables, common areas, doorknobs, surfaces, and equipment are disinfected at routine intervals.
- Sunscreens and skin care products will be available with “curbside” pick-up right to your car.
- We are excited to introduce our colleague, Dr. Leah Ansell, who has joined our practice over the past month from her practice in Manhattan. Dr. Ansell is an outstanding dermatologist and physician. Please see her bio in the Our Doctors section of our website. We are certain our patients will appreciate her excellent care and enjoy getting to know her. Dr. Engler is taking an indefinite leave of absence and has selected Dr. Ansell to take over the care of her patients in addition to seeing many of the new and established patients coming to our office.